Beginning this March, my friends Will and Mike will embark from Key West, Florida and paddle along the Eastern Seaboard on their stand-up paddleboards towards their final destination: Portland, Maine.
“We’re combining our passions for paddling, people, and the ocean while fulfilling a dream of seeing the East coast from the water,” says Will Rich.
More than just a spring adventure, Will and Mike hope to spread awareness and raise money for two specific causes:
- Wounded Warrior Project, a national organization which supports America’s service men and women, particularly upon their return from duty.
- SUP Clean-Up, a world-wide organization based in North Carolina that educates people about the well-being of our marine eco-systems on which we so closely depend.
Why not consider donating money or your time to either of these prolific non-profits? And if you’re more interested in helping Will and Mike on their journey north, below is their “wish list” of necessary items. Go ahead – email the guys (email@example.com) with your donation information.
- America the Beautiful Nat’l Parks annual pass: Needed
- Gas cards for Support Vehicle: Needed
- Visa/MC Check Cards for Food and Supplies: Needed
- Spot Trackers : Receipt Pending
- Solar Panels: Receipt Pending
- VHF radios: Receipt Pending
- PFD’s : Receipt Pending
- Running Lights: Receipt Pending
- EPIRBs: Receipt Pending