Beginning this March, my friends Will and Mike will embark from Key West, Florida and paddle along the Eastern Seaboard on their stand-up paddleboards towards their final destination: Portland, Maine.
“We’re combining our passions for paddling, people, and the ocean while fulfilling a dream of seeing the East coast from the water,” says Will Rich.
More than just a spring adventure, Will and Mike hope to spread awareness and raise money for two specific causes:
- Wounded Warrior Project, a national organization which supports America’s service men and women, particularly upon their return from duty.
- SUP Clean-Up, a world-wide organization based in North Carolina that educates people about the well-being of our marine eco-systems on which we so closely depend.
Why not consider donating money or your time to either of these prolific non-profits? And if you’re more interested in helping Will and Mike on their journey north, below is their “wish list” of necessary items. Go ahead – email the guys (email@example.com) with your donation information.
- America the Beautiful Nat’l Parks annual pass: Needed
- Gas cards for Support Vehicle: Needed
- Visa/MC Check Cards for Food and Supplies: Needed
- Spot Trackers : Receipt Pending
- Solar Panels: Receipt Pending
- VHF radios: Receipt Pending
- PFD’s : Receipt Pending
- Running Lights: Receipt Pending
- EPIRBs: Receipt Pending
You can also track their progress by visiting their website, blog or Facebook page. And I’m sure I’ll include updates as these two paddle their way back up to good ole’ New England, so stay tuned.