Photos to come. I promise. (And more frequent posting, too.)
But the past few days have been jam-packed. Or chock-a-block, as they say here in London. Another small taste of what we’ve done:
- Buckingham Palace
- Paddington Station (w/Paddington the Bear!)
- Westminster Academy
- All Stars Boxing Club
- Hindu Temple
- Royal Air Force Museum
And I have just a few small obervations about London that I’d like to share:
- The traffic is outrageous. Absolutely insane. It can take over an hour to go 3 or 4 miles.
- Although we’ve read about the diversity of London, it’s quite striking (read: refreshing) that the city actually is diverse.
- Sure, we’ve heard that London is large. But it’s more than large – its massive. (Although maybe it just feels big because it takes 16 hours to go 45 feet. Oh, excuse me. Meters.)
- There is green space everywhere. No matter where you are in the city, there is undoubtedly a beautiful park nearby to take a stroll.
- London English dialect is lovely. (See how I worked that in? I’m learning.) I promise to inject as many British words into my conversations as possible.
See ya’ll on the flip side.